Summer Windsurfing Camp (8 & 9 Aug 2015)
We are contacting you in advance of this weekend’s Summer Windsurfing Camp at Largs to give you some more information about the camp. Places are limited but there’s still time to book so don’t miss out! If you’d like to book a place please email email@example.com
Introducing your coaches:
We’re delighted to announce that Anna Bird and Alex Griffith will be your coaches for the weekend. Those of you who have met Anna and Alex before will know that they are both highly experienced coaches with a great track record for delivering top-notch programmes of instruction for all levels from beginner through to more advanced sailors, Techno as well as RS:X. So there will be plenty of top tips and techniques for all of you!
We also have some assistants lined up for the camp. Many of you will already know Graham, Holly and Lori, who will be joining us to help out and get some great experience in a structured coaching environment.
The camp will be held at Largs Sailing Club, Irvine Road, Largs KA30 8EZ (tel: 01475 670000)
We have access to changing rooms, showers, toilets and a training room. There are a number of places nearby where you can buy lunch/snacks or you may prefer to bring a packed lunch – whichever you prefer!
What to expect during the weekend:
The course will include on-water demonstrations of various techniques as well as on-some shore classroom-based training. We’ll also be running some fun races for those who would like to have a race or two. Coaching will be tailored to the level of skills and experience of sailors on the day and (of course!) Anna and Alex will be happy to answer any questions you have about any aspect of windsurfing. We’ll have two ribs out on the water providing safety boat cover at all times.
Anna and Alex will give you more details on Saturday, but below is a rough idea of the plan for Saturday & Sunday:
We’d suggest arriving at 9am to register for the event and get rigged up. Anna and Alex will brief sailors at 9.30am. After that there will be time to get changed before heading onto the water. We’ll stop for an hour for lunch – there are several places nearby selling food or you may prefer to bring a packed lunch. After lunch we’ll continue with the coaching. At 4pm we’ll come off the water for debrief/wash-up session.
If you’ve asked us to bring hire kit for you, it will already be set up for you when you arrive and we can make any minor adjustments needed before the kit goes out onto the water. Please return hired boards and rigs to Heather before you leave the venue on Saturday afternoon (these will be reissued on Sunday between 9am and 9.30am)
Timings will be the same as Saturday so please arrive at 9am to rig up or collect your hired board/rig. Briefing will be at 9.30am. We’ll break for an hour over lunch – again, there are several places nearby selling food or you may prefer to bring a packed lunch. We will aim to be off the water by around 4pm for the final debriefing and wash-up session.
If you’ve hired kit please return this (including any hired buoyancy aids and wetsuits) to Heather before you leave the venue on Sunday afternoon.
- Based on the numbers and funding, the entry fee will be £70 for the weekend in total (this includes a £10 membership fee that we are required to pay to Largs Sailing Club on your behalf for insurance purposes).
- We’ll be happy to receive payment during Registration on Saturday morning – we’d prefer cheques but will be happy to accept either cheque or cash payment (please make any cheques payable to Clyde Windsurfing Club).
- We would like to thank RYA Scotland and Ayrshire Inverclyde & Renfrewshire Sailing (AIRS) for subsidising this event and enabling us to offer the highest standard of coaching to you for a very reasonable price.
Registration (Saturday 9am to 9.30am):
- We’ll need you to complete a Participation Form and Temporary Membership Form for Largs (click the two links below to download the forms)
- You’re welcome to fill them out in advance to save time on the day but if not, don’t worry – we’ll have paper copies available for you on Saturday.
- If you’re under 18, we will need a parent/guardian to sign the forms and be in attendance during the event.
- If you need to hire kit, we can provide a suitable board and sail for £20 per day (this includes wetsuit and buoyancy aid if needed).
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible as we’ll be loading the van on Friday around 5pm.
- Kit Hire Forms will be available at Registration on Saturday.
If you’re coming from further afield, there’s a good campsite very near to the venue. Here’s the link to their website: http://kelburnestate.com/accommodation/camping_and_caravans
Need more Info?
Hopefully this covers the main information you need before Saturday. If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.
We’re really looking forward to seeing you all and hope you have a great time at the camp!
Heather (Clyde Windsurfing Club Principal